Thursday, November 10, 2016

On the 2016 Presidential Election

I support black people, Hispanic people, Native Americans, Asian people, and people of mixed descent.
I support recent immigrants to the United States and speakers of minority languages.
I support gay people, lesbians, bisexual and pansexual and asexual and queer and transgender people.
I support people who are chronically ill or physically or mentally disabled.
I support Deaf people and neuroatypical people.
I support Jews, Muslims, Hindus, pagans, and atheists.
I support people who rely on government support to buy food and medicine and pay rent.
I support children and teenagers.
I support survivors of abuse and violence.
I support these and all other people who have been made afraid by the calling of the 2016 presidential election in favor of Donald Trump.

It is important to remember that the world has not ended. The sun rose on Wednesday, and again today, and it will again tomorrow. We are alive, and we have each other, and it is all of our duty to ensure that as many of us as possible remain alive and safe and well and are there to see that liar, that abuser, that monster leave office.

Take care of yourselves, your family, and your friends. Reach out to others who are afraid, and share hope with them.

Be safe. Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment