Monday, June 4, 2018

On the Blog: A Change in Format

The blogging experiment has been going well so far. Posting three times a week has helped me practice keeping up with deadlines and, most importantly, it's gotten me to sit down and write even on days when I don't feel like I have anything to say.

The downside is that I'm writing when I don't feel like I have anything to say, and pushing myself to get posts finished instead of taking the time to make sure they're as good as they can be. So I'm going to spend the next few months focusing on that part of the process. I will be posting less often, but using that extra time to edit and polish my essays, including Parts 3 and 4 of Intro to Magic. I will still post crafting updates, but only when I feel like I've made progress on a project. This should let me focus on improving my writing and give me the time to work on some longer and more detailed articles that I currently don't have time to do justice.

I'm also planning to start a new occasional series called On Games Gone By, in which I will be reviewing classic PC games from the 1990s and 2000s. I was born in 1992, and was always either too young or too busy reading to play the games that reviewers my age and a little older all seem to have fond memories of. In On Games Gone By, I'll review games I miss from the old days and try and find out what I was missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment