Thursday, July 26, 2018

On the Needles 19

I think it's time for a crafting update.

Knitting


My main project right now is the Revenge of the Kea shawl, which I'm making with a navy blue sock yarn and a rainbow-striped sock yarn. I've finished six out of eleven sections, but each one is longer than the last, so I don't think I'm halfway yet.

I'm also working on a number of smaller projects, including a sock with cool zigzag stripes (pattern) and a new idea for making pants the right shape, and I have plans for gloves for a Halloween costume. More on those as they develop.

Pokemon

I passed day 600 last week. As long as the Pokemon Company doesn't release a new game this year, I'm going to finish drawing every single Pokemon by sometime next February. Today's Pokemon is number 606, Beheeyem.

Pokemon Art Challenge #606: Beheeyem, a Cerebral Pokemon

Deckbuilding

This week's Lady Planeswalkers event was Core Set 19 Mini-masters. I opened Vivien Reid and a Satyr Enchanter, and made a white/blue/green enchantments-matter deck that won two rounds out of four. The surprise MVP was Psychic Corrosion; both of the rounds I won were won by surviving long enough to mill my opponents out (that is, to make them run out of cards in their deck faster than I did).


I've also modified my Elves Commander deck to be mono-green instead of green-white, with Marwyn the Nurturer as its new commander, and I've made a new Brawl deck based around Squee the Immortal and goblin tribal. There are now sixteen goblins in Standard, which is not quite enough for a 60-card deck, but I filled the rest of the creature slots with other small aggressive things. I think it will still feel very goblin-y to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment