Wednesday, January 16, 2019

On the Needles 20: Make Nine 2019

There's a crafting challenge on Instagram called Make Nine, where people set goals of nine projects they want to complete in a year and post photos of their progress as they go. I don't use Instagram; I'm just learning about this from a podcast. But I think it's something I should do anyway.

I haven't been doing very much knitting in the first two weeks of January; the chilly, damp weather here in the Pacific Northwest is not good for my arthritis, and I think I gave myself a repetitive strain injury playing mobile games over New Year's. But once I can start knitting again, here's what I plan to do.

Things to Finish
1. The sweater with rainbow stripes. I'm almost done with the body; the next step is the sleeves.
2. I made a glove last month before my arthritis really started acting up. I will make the second glove.
3. I designed a shawl pattern last fall. I'll finish the shawl and revise the pattern, and maybe post it on Ravelry.
4. Over the summer, I started designing a pattern for pants with short-row butt shaping, and I started knitting a pair of shorts to test it out. I will either finish these or unravel them.

Things to Continue
5. I started making a blanket with little bits of sock weight yarn left over from other projects. I will work on that in between the other projects.

Things to Start
6. My favorite sweater doesn't have pockets. I will make patch pockets for it.
7. I now have the pattern for Celestarium, a circular shawl with a star map on it, and the first skein I need to make it. After I finish the first four projects on this list, I will buy beads and start knitting it.
8. I can't forget to make a Christmas present for the Geek's mother. Still have to figure out what that is, but it's going on the list so I don't forget.
9. A friend of mine sent me a big skein of laceweight yarn in an interesting green and blue gradient. I want to make a lacy crescent or half-circle shawl with it.

I probably won't get to all of these things. I think I'll have more energy for knitting once I'm done with my daily Pokemon sketch challenge (today was day 780 out of 809!), but this is mostly to make sure I don't start too many new things, and that I always have something to look forward to working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment