Friday, March 2, 2018

On the Needles 5

Knitting

I've made a little more progress on the Springtide Shawl test knit, but didn't have a chance to take a photo yesterday. I'm up into the block of 200-stitch rows, but I still somehow think I'll get it done in time. In fact, I'm so confident that I started making a sleep mask as a side project, because as the sun starts coming up earlier, I'm finding I actually need a sleep mask. (The confidence was mostly sarcastic; the need for a sleep mask was not.

Drawing

Today is Pokemon day 460.

Writing

On Monday, I posted an essay I'm particularly proud of, on how to teach Homestuck in an undergrad literature class. I recommend you read it, if you haven't already, and maybe check out the Homestuck literary analysis blog I used to write with my sister (linked from that post).

Deckbuilding

I've put together a Locust God list for Modern, but I'm waiting to buy the cards until we see how much the release of Masters 25 drives down prices (and until Lady Planeswalkers has a Modern night, probably). And this week at Lady Planeswalkers, I drafted Merfolk, including a Tishana and a Nezahal (who is not a merfolk but plays well with them), and won two rounds again. And then I opened a Hadana's Climb in one of my prize packs (right after I sold the one I got in last month's draft), and I'm taking all of that together as a sign that I should make a Merfolk standard deck. More on that, and my personal journey toward understanding green/blue decks, on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment