Friday, March 9, 2018

On the Needles 6

Knitting

I'm almost halfway done with the second lace section on my shawl. There are 34 rows of 200 stitches and 18 rows of 400 stitches left.

The lace has gotten...interesting. Unlike in almost everything I've knitted lately, every row has a completely different set of instructions, which means it takes a lot more focus than the other knitting I've been doing. I'm not even sure I like how the lace works. But I'm not frustrated enough with it to stop, because I still feel like I'm making progress. And if I don't like the lace when it's done, at least it's a nice color and I can admire its complexity.

Drawing

Today is Pokemon day 467, Magmortar. I've probably said this before, but Gen 4 has a run of uncommonly ugly Pokemon, and I can't wait till the design improves again so I can tell whether my technique is improving.

Pokemon Art Challenge #467: Magmortar, the Blast Pokemon

No comments:

Post a Comment