Wednesday, March 28, 2018

On the Net 1: This or That

Today's post is about a small personal victory. Something creative that I did that felt good, and that worked, and that other people enjoyed.

I've mentioned LoadingReadyRun before, at least on my podcast recommendations list. They're a Canadian Internet comedy group based in Victoria. In addition to podcasts, they do daily Twitch streams, semiregular sketch comedy, and the annual Desert Bus for Hope fundraiser for Child's Play, which I'm making that belt for. One of their regular Twitch shows is LoadingReadyLIVE, a variety show they do every other Saturday (more or less) for which they sometimes take suggestions for segments from viewers.

One segment that's gotten more popular recently is "This Or That," in which Graham, one of the main LoadingReadyRun cast members, reads a panel of three other cast members a list of names and challenges them to guess whether they belong to one category or another, inspired by a game of Magic Card or Metal Band in a sketch from 2013. Other topics have included Magic Card or Wrestling Move, Star Trek TOS Episode or Christian Metal Band, and Paint Color or New Age Song.

Which brings me to my submission: Pokemon or Star Wars Legends Character, which Graham read on the March 24, 2018 episode of LoadingReadyLIVE, and he and the panel enjoyed it. And were genuinely confused by it, which meant I'd chosen the names well. The Geek, who loved the Star Wars Expanded Universe as a kid (the Expanded Universe became Legends when nearly all of it was made noncanon after Episode 7 came out), thought it was really clever when we watched the segment together after the fact.

Anyway, that was something I did recently that made me feel proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment