Friday, April 13, 2018

On the Needles 11

Knitting

This week I've been hopping back and forth between large projects (the Desert Bus belt, a scarf, and a shirt) that don't really look like I've made progress on any of them.

Drawing

Today is Pokemon day #502. Today's Pokemon is Dewott.

Pokemon Art Challenge #502: Dewott, the Discipline Pokemon 

Deckbuilding

I've had the deckbuilding bug this week. I built a mono-white Zetalpa Brawl deck, and then found a guy on Twitter who's trying to revive Tiny Leaders (like Commander, but with smaller decks and an upper limit on the mana costs of spells) and built a mostly-black Grenzo deck for that, with sacrifice and reanimator themes.

This week I went to Commander night at the card shop below my apartment for the first time. The group was overwhelmingly male but not assholes; in fact, I wasn't the only person in my pod with an elf deck. And the woman behind the counter lent me some very fancy tokens and helped me update both my Commander decks.

I also played 60-card Kitchen Table Magic with a 9-year-old boy who came in with his dad. He beat me with Relentless Rats; I got mana flooded with my Zetalpa deck, but I did win in other ways: after talking to me, he told his dad he wanted to build a Commander deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment