Monday, May 14, 2018

On Books 12: Fantasy Twists (announcement)

Fantasy Twists, edited by Michón Neal, is a fantasy short story collection in which each story riffs on genre tropes in the sort of way that will be familiar to any of you who have spent substantial amounts of time in the narrative alchemy lab that is Tumblr. Story hooks include "what's Little Red Riding Hood's dark secret?", "What if it isn't the bite that makes you a vampire?", "What happens when the same parents promise their firstborn to two different witches?", and "You've finally found a job--but it's at the Little Shop that Wasn't There Yesterday." It's now available for preorder on Amazon, Google Play, Nook, and Kobo, and I contributed a story to it.

In fact, the story I wrote is the first one in the book, the one about the shop that wasn't there yesterday, called "Welcome to Connection." It's a setting I've been working on for a few years on and off, and for this story I put extra effort into the details of the shop and the people who work there, and making Connection a place where I feel comfortable and welcome and at home. I'm looking forward to you all reading it, and I hope some of you find home there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment