Friday, May 11, 2018

On the Needles 15

Knitting

This week I joined a Mystery Knitalong whose clues are posted as tweets. There have only been a couple of clues so far, but I think it's going to be a cowl. I'll share pictures when it looks like something.

Drawing

Today is Pokemon day 530. Today's Pokemon is Excadrill.

Pokemon Art Challenge #530: Excadrill, the Subterrene Pokemon

Deckbuilding

This week's Lady Planeswalkers event was Dominaria Mini-Masters. I built a green/black/blue Legends Matter deck, and I won round 3 with it and got a bye in round 4, so technically I won the last two round. My play of the night in the round I won, was as follows; it made up for all the bad draws I had the rest of the night.
Turn 4: cast Cabal Paladin.
Turn 5: cast Chainer's Torment. Deal 2 damage with the Paladin's historic trigger, drain 2 life off chapter 1 of Chainer's Torment, attack with the Paladin for 4. Opponent is at 12 life.
Turn 6: Chainer's Torment goes to chapter 2 and drains 2 life. Cast Guardians of Koilos; as I cast it, the Paladin deals 2 damage; and as it enters the battlefield, I return Chainer's Torment to my hand. Attack with the Paladin for 4. Opponent is at 4 life.
Turn 7: Recast Chainer's Torment. Deal 2 damage with the Paladin's historic trigger, drain 2 life off chapter 1 of Chainer's Torment. Opponent is at 0 life and I win.

I got some useful cards in my prize packs, including a Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar, who I'm building a Brawl deck for.
I am GROOT

No comments:

Post a Comment